TromansConsulting provides strategy consulting services for law firms. I operate across the UK and globally. I am based in London.
I advise management teams on areas such as: business expansion, merger and international development via new offices or networks, as well innovation and the adoption of new technology, such as AI, that has a strategic aspect.
I have particular skills advising law firms on:
- Merger candidate analysis
- International network strategy
- Innovation development
Merger candidate analysis helps law firms better understand 'what is out there' and which firms may be a good fit to meet your strategic needs.
International network strategy advice covers the central challenges that all referral networks face in keeping pace with the global legal market's ever-changing needs and the development of strategic plans for management teams.
Innovation development focuses on helping lawyers to develop a 'Legal AI' strategy that is right for their business and that will integrate with other aspects of their broader strategic, business development and operational needs.
I also provide Legal AI Workshops for law firms to help build internal capacity and knowledge that will help partners, IT and innovation teams to make real, practical use cases for this new technology that fit their firm and their clients' needs.
I am also a frequent speaker at legal conferences and law firm events, especially on the subject of legal Artificial Intelligence and Strategy.
- Developing a strategic overview of legal AI systems for a global corporate client, which involved examining the technology's uses and impacts.
- Reviewing a major law firm’s strategic goals and developing a growth plan to build new capability in a target market.
- Examining current developments in legal AI technology for a large UK law firm and providing a detailed assessment of the best applications to make use of and how best to utilise them across the law firm.
- Working with a major law firm to develop a new strategy for expanding a major office’s key practices and analysing in detail its potential options to achieve this.
- Helping a firm to develop a strategy to rebalance its practice mix along with detailed financial analysis and recommendations on its options to meet this goal.
- Working with several UK law firms to identify potential merger targets and make approaches to those targets on behalf of the client to help initiate merger talks.
- Helping an international network of law firms improve their internal and external business development practices and set out a strategy for growth.