Tromans Consulting helps legal businesses better understand how to tackle the challenges of innovation and the use of new technologies that are reshaping the market.
This offering has been developed because innovation is a business and strategic issue on the same level as broader management challenges, such as business expansion and improving your market position.
Tromans Consulting, which has focused for several years on the strategic needs of law firms, therefore now helps management teams with the following areas:
- Where to invest time, money and resources in innovation projects.
- Understanding your market position and competitive advantages in relation to innovation and the use of technology.
- Benefits and challenges of different approaches to innovation and legal services delivery.
- Understanding the impact and benefits of AI and automation - as this technology clearly will change how you operate.
- Internal governance and the development of new teams/departments that support innovation.
- Idea development and triage of innovation needs.
- And, developing an innovation strategy that is integral to your wider business plan.
Tromans Consulting also provides consulting services dedicated to wider strategic challenges faced by law firm management teams. These primarily cover two areas:
- Merger candidate analysis
- International network strategy.
Merger candidate analysis helps law firms better understand 'what is out there' and which firms may be a good fit to meet your strategic needs.
International network strategy advice covers the central challenges that all referral networks face in keeping pace with the global legal market's ever-changing needs and the development of strategic plans for management teams.
I am currently the Technical Advisor to the UK Government-backed LawTech Delivery Panel,
Legal AI Advisor to LITIG, the legal technology professionals organisation.
Richard Tromans - Founder - Tromans Consulting
- Developing a strategic overview of legal AI systems for a global corporate client, which involved examining the technology's uses and impacts.
- Reviewing a major law firm’s strategic goals and developing a growth plan to build new capability in a target market.
- Examining current developments in legal technology for a large UK law firm and providing a detailed assessment of the best applications to make use of and how best to utilise them across the law firm.
- Working with a major law firm to develop a new strategy for expanding a major office’s key practices and analysing in detail its potential options to achieve this.
- Helping a firm to develop a strategy to rebalance its practice mix along with detailed financial analysis and recommendations on its options to meet this goal.
- Working with several UK law firms to identify potential merger targets and make approaches to those targets on behalf of the client to help initiate merger talks.
- Helping an international network of law firms improve their internal and external business development practices and set out a strategy for growth.
Richard Tromans - Founder and Consultant
Tel: (+44) 07846 670875